Group Education at Pinery Provincial Park
Pinery offers a wide range of popular educational programs focusing on the park’s natural history and resource management. In 2016, we will be offering an increased number of programs between April and June.
Please contact (519)243-8537 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Groups must register in advance. Please keep in mind that we require at least 2 weeks’ notice for program bookings. For more information, or to book a program, please email email@example.com or call (519)243-8537.
Please note that programs for 2016 are not available from May 30th – June 3rd
Before Booking Your Group:
To make the booking process easier, make sure to have the following information before contacting us to schedule your trip:
• Three preferred field trip dates and arrival times
• Your program selection (up to 2 in-park programs)
• Grade level of the students
• Number of participants
• Number of teachers and chaperones participating
• Method of transportation to the park
• Any individuals needing special accommodations
• Contact number for the trip organizer
• School or organization phone number
• Lunch plans
• Email address to which field trip information and activities can be sent
Please ensure you take into account the travel times in the park. Late arrivals will cut into program times.
What to do For Lunch:
Ensure that students have a lunch and a filled water bottle.There are several of options for locations to break for lunch.
- Visitor Centre: indoor facility, water fountain (no picnic tables available)
- Picnic Area/Beach 9: covered picnic pavilion, picnic tables, charcoal burning grills (charcoal not provided)
- Park store: covered picnic pavilion and picnic tables (store has limited hours in spring and fall)
Accessibility and Special Needs:
Please let us know in advance if you have students or chaperones/educators with mobility issues so that we may accommodate appropriately
- The Visitor Centre is accessible
- We have four fully accessible hiking trails
- We have an all-terrain wheelchair available for use by request
Notice of cancellation must be given at least 2 days prior to the scheduled trip.
In the event of severe weather and school closures, your trip will be rescheduled.
Programs may be cancelled if groups are more than 15 minutes late.
Arrival at the Park:
- Be aware of how long the drive will take to get to the park. Plan to arrive at the Main Gate of the park 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of your program.
- You will enter the park through the Main Gate off of Highway 21 and pay the park entrance fee
- Then you will travel to Comfort Station #20 in the park store parking lot, where you can take a bathroom break before heading to your scheduled program
- Our programs run at multiple locations within the park. Direct your bus driver to the location details on the booking confirmation
- Arrive early, and keep in mind travel times in the park
Some sample trips to help with planning your day:
|Sample 1 – Full Day:
9:30 AM – Arrive at Pinery Main gate, head to CS 20 for
10:00 AM – Arrive at P9 Picnic Area and meet naturalist
10:00 – 11:30 AM – Sand Dune Succession hike
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM- Lunch at P9 Picnic shelter
12:30 PM – Head to Visitor Centre for exploring/video
2:00 PM – Depart back to school
Sample 2 – Half Day:
9:30 AM – Arrive at Pinery Main gate
10:00 AM – Arrive at trail head
10:00 – 11:30 AM – Fire Ecology Hike
11:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Lunch
12:00 PM – Depart Pinery